Paris is one of the most popular destinations for photographers from all over the world. It has many iconic landmarks that offer a wide range of photography opportunities. Here are some tips for an itinerary for photographers in Paris:
Day 1: Historic Paris
- Start your morning at the Eiffel Tower. You can choose to photograph the tower itself or capture its reflection in the nearby waters.
- From the Eiffel Tower, move on to the Trocadéro Gardens, where you can capture great panoramic shots of the Eiffel Tower.
- From Trocadéro, continue along the Seine River and photograph the famous Pont Alexandre III bridge and the beautiful Hôtel des Invalides.
- Spend your afternoon exploring the historic Montmartre. Here, you can photograph the Sacré-Cœur Basilica, charming streets, and art studios.
Day 2: Art and Architecture
- Begin your day with a visit to the Louvre. The famous Louvre Pyramid is an interesting subject for architectural photography.
- Continue to capture shots of the Palais Royal gardens and its black and white columns.
- Visit the Musée d’Orsay, which is located in a former railway station. The interior is an architectural marvel with huge clocks and a beautiful view of the Seine.
Day 3: Old Paris and the Seine
- In the morning, head to the Île de la Cité, where you can photograph the Notre-Dame Cathedral and Pont Neuf.
- Then explore the Marais district with its historic buildings and narrow streets.
- In the evening, take a boat ride on the Seine to capture nighttime views of the city, including the illuminated Eiffel Tower.
Day 4: Modern Architecture and Art
- Visit the modern La Défense district. Here, you’ll find modern skyscrapers, such as the Grande Arche de la Défense, which is great for architectural photography.
- Spend the afternoon walking through the Quartier Latin and Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where you can photograph historic cafes and bookstores.
- In the evening, return to the Eiffel Tower to capture the light show that takes place every hour after dark.
- This itinerary for photography in Paris is a great way to explore the beauty of the city and capture its unforgettable moments. However, keep in mind that Paris is full of other fantastic photogenic places that you can include in your itinerary. Here are some additional tips on places you might want to consider:
Day 5: Museum Treasures
- Visit the Musée Rodin, where you can photograph famous sculptures like “The Thinker” in a beautiful garden setting. Continue east to the Musée de l’Orangerie, where you’ll find famous water lily series by Claude Monet. For the afternoon, head to the Paris Opera House (Palais Garnier) and capture its magnificent architecture and interior.
Day 6: Gardens and Parks
- Spend the morning in the Jardin des Tuileries, where you can photograph fountains, statues, and beautiful views of the Louvre. Continue to Montsouris Park, ideal for natural and garden photography. In the evening, visit Ladurée on the Champs-Élysées and capture the atmosphere of this famous Parisian bakery and tea room.
Day 7: People and Everyday Life
- Stroll along the boulevards and Parisian cafes to capture everyday life in Paris and portraits of locals. Visit markets like the Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen, where you can photograph the traditional Parisian market and antique vendors. In the evening, dine at a typical Parisian bistro to capture the ambiance of an evening meal and culinary experiences.
These are just some of the possible places and activities you can include in your photography itinerary in Paris. The city offers so many diverse subjects and atmospheres that you’ll be able to enjoy many unforgettable experiences and shots. Be creative and inspired by the beauty of Paris!